Summer is at its peak and there is no better time to take your side-by-side out than right now! As with any motor vehicle, there are maintenance items that must be tended to. Always refer to your owner’s manual to make sure that your vehicle receives that care that it deserves. Here at Precision Motor Sports, we have a few maintenance tips for you.
You are likely hauling things around off road and that puts strain on your side-by-side’s transmission. Always make sure to service the transmission fluid at the manufacturer’s recommended intervals. If your side-by-side has a transmission filter, make sure to change it as well.
Always maintain the proper tire pressure to ensure good traction and tire life. If you have any issues at all with your tires, bring your side-by-side to our Gaylord location and we will take a look at them for you!
As with any engine that you expect to last for a good like of time, make sure to always change the oil and filter per the manual! Oil changes are a quick and easy job and Precision is more than happy to perform this service for your side-by-side!
If you value the components in your undercarriage, installing a skid plate is a good idea. This prevents uneven terrain from coming into contact with vital suspension components. If you think this is an item you’d like to install, bring your side-by-side to Precision Motorsports ...
Gaylord Dirtbiking Season Has Arrived
The areas around Gaylord are excellent for taking your dirt bike out for a ride! As with other vehicles, its a good idea to regularly check certain items to make sure they aren’t in need of repair or servicing. We offer a variety of services for your dirt bike including
Here is a list of things to check as well as services we offer:
As a preventative measure, make sure to change oil after a few rides. Dirt bikes contain less oil than a car and are put through much more abuse. They also operate at higher temperatures. Don’t forget a new filter!
It’s a good idea to change the transmission oil along when doing the engine oil. Bring your dirt bike into our Gaylord shop and we can perform this service for you!
If your dirt bike is water cooled, make sure to change the coolant as recommended in the owner’s manual.
An often overlooked maintenance item is checking the valve clearance. We offer this service at our Gaylord location and would be happy to check and adjust the valves on your dirt bike!
Your wheel bearings take a lot of abuse on those Gaylord trails! Make sure to check these every so often, especially if your riding is particularly rough. These bearings can be hard to remove so let our mechanics do the hard work for you!
Its warming up in Gaylord and its time to hit the waters. Here at Precision, we specialize in boat repair and work on inboard/outboard motors as well as ATVs , Snowmobiles, and motorcycles.
As well as offering our repair services, we also provide storage solutions for your boat, ATV, snowmobile, or motorcycle.
With owning a boat comes the responsibility of maintaining it so lets get right to it:
With warm weather around the corner, it’s time to take your ATV off-road and explore the areas around Gaylord. With every vehicle comes maintenance and ATVs are no exception. We offer full service on boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and ATVs as well. Below you will find some tips for properly maintaining your ATV. As always, remember to follow the owner’s manual recommendations for ATV maintenance and repair.
1) Make sure to regularly change your air filter. It should be easy to access and is usually secured in the housing by clamps. We may carry this ATV part for you and would be glad to install it.
2) Regularly inspect your ATVs tie rod ends to make sure the boot is intact and grease is not leaking out. This could cause the ball joint to seize up and cause steering issues. This is an easy repair and we can order your ATV parts and have it repaired in no time.
3) Although not a frequent wear item, make sure to check your ATVs shocks and struts. If your ATV is excessively bouncing or bottoming out on harsh bumps, this is a sign your shocks or struts may need servicing. This is repair best left to the professional. If you require this service we will order the ATV parts you need and perform the service for you.
4) Perhaps the most critical system on board your ATV is the cooling system. If your engine overheats, metal ...
Precision Motorsports and Marine is based out of Fredrick Michigan, but services the surrounding area, including Gaylord, Waters, and the upper lower peninsula of Michigan.
We have a wide variety of ATV parts. If you're looking to get your ride ready for the season or you're looking to upgrade your ride, we have parts in stock and ready for your machine.
If you're pulling your ATV out of storage, here are a few quick tips to make sure it is ready for the trails.
Quick ATV Tips for the Beginning of the Season
1. If your ATV is running rough, make sure to check that last years gas was not left in the tank. A common mistake is leave gas in the tank and not stable it. This has the potential to cause your engine to run rough, and gunk up your carburetors.
2. Be sure to check or change your oil. If you have a leak, storage can cause your oil to be low. No one likes firing up the machine for the first time in the season, only to find that the oil was low, which can be a costly mistake, but is luckily easily avoidable.
3. Check your air filter. Engines need three things to run properly. Gas, spark, and air. Leaving your ATV in storage gives dust and other particulates an opportunity to settle in your air filter. Double check that everything is clean and that air can pass easily through the filter.
4. Check ...