Gaylord Dirtbiking Season Has Arrived
The areas around Gaylord are excellent for taking your dirt bike out for a ride! As with other vehicles, its a good idea to regularly check certain items to make sure they aren’t in need of repair or servicing. We offer a variety of services for your dirt bike including
Here is a list of things to check as well as services we offer:
As a preventative measure, make sure to change oil after a few rides. Dirt bikes contain less oil than a car and are put through much more abuse. They also operate at higher temperatures. Don’t forget a new filter!
It’s a good idea to change the transmission oil along when doing the engine oil. Bring your dirt bike into our Gaylord shop and we can perform this service for you!
If your dirt bike is water cooled, make sure to change the coolant as recommended in the owner’s manual.
An often overlooked maintenance item is checking the valve clearance. We offer this service at our Gaylord location and would be happy to check and adjust the valves on your dirt bike!
Your wheel bearings take a lot of abuse on those Gaylord trails! Make sure to check these every so often, especially if your riding is particularly rough. These bearings can be hard to remove so let our mechanics do the hard work for you!
Its warming up in Gaylord and its time to hit the waters. Here at Precision, we specialize in boat repair and work on inboard/outboard motors as well as ATVs , Snowmobiles, and motorcycles.
As well as offering our repair services, we also provide storage solutions for your boat, ATV, snowmobile, or motorcycle.
With owning a boat comes the responsibility of maintaining it so lets get right to it:
With warm weather around the corner, it’s time to take your ATV off-road and explore the areas around Gaylord. With every vehicle comes maintenance and ATVs are no exception. We offer full service on boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and ATVs as well. Below you will find some tips for properly maintaining your ATV. As always, remember to follow the owner’s manual recommendations for ATV maintenance and repair.
1) Make sure to regularly change your air filter. It should be easy to access and is usually secured in the housing by clamps. We may carry this ATV part for you and would be glad to install it.
2) Regularly inspect your ATVs tie rod ends to make sure the boot is intact and grease is not leaking out. This could cause the ball joint to seize up and cause steering issues. This is an easy repair and we can order your ATV parts and have it repaired in no time.
3) Although not a frequent wear item, make sure to check your ATVs shocks and struts. If your ATV is excessively bouncing or bottoming out on harsh bumps, this is a sign your shocks or struts may need servicing. This is repair best left to the professional. If you require this service we will order the ATV parts you need and perform the service for you.
4) Perhaps the most critical system on board your ATV is the cooling system. If your engine overheats, metal ...
Precision Motorsports and Marine is based out of Fredrick Michigan, but services the surrounding area, including Gaylord, Waters, and the upper lower peninsula of Michigan.
We have a wide variety of ATV parts. If you're looking to get your ride ready for the season or you're looking to upgrade your ride, we have parts in stock and ready for your machine.
If you're pulling your ATV out of storage, here are a few quick tips to make sure it is ready for the trails.
Quick ATV Tips for the Beginning of the Season
1. If your ATV is running rough, make sure to check that last years gas was not left in the tank. A common mistake is leave gas in the tank and not stable it. This has the potential to cause your engine to run rough, and gunk up your carburetors.
2. Be sure to check or change your oil. If you have a leak, storage can cause your oil to be low. No one likes firing up the machine for the first time in the season, only to find that the oil was low, which can be a costly mistake, but is luckily easily avoidable.
3. Check your air filter. Engines need three things to run properly. Gas, spark, and air. Leaving your ATV in storage gives dust and other particulates an opportunity to settle in your air filter. Double check that everything is clean and that air can pass easily through the filter.
4. Check ...
Earlier this week, we had a great base snow with 6 inches from the snowstorm that hit lower Michigan. However, over the weekend, we've had a bit of a thaw and a melt. It was a great, shiny weekend. Not the best for riding, but made us excited for the spring and boating season.
However, this week looks like it's snapping us back to reality. Luckily, we've got snow in the forecast, and chilling temperatures means snowmobile season is still strong, and we can still hit the trails.
Precision Offers Full Snowmobile Service
Precision Motorsports offers a variety of mechanic services and parts for all makes and models of snowmobiles. We can repair most makes and models of snowmobiles and help keep you on the trails and riding while the weather is good.
We know that the mechanics is not necessarily where you want to spend your time (although we make great company!). You want to be on the trail riding. We understand. Our mission is to keep you on the trails and not stuck on the sidelines. That's why we keep a wide variety of parts available and stocked.
If you do break down, we offer quick, affordable service. We offer services ranging from an oil change, to more complicated tasks such as complete rebuilds, we will keep your machine in tip-top shape.
The warm weather reminded us of boat season. Even though it's still very much winter, we wanted to take a moment to ...